New Sightron SIII MOA

Finaly sightron offers a new retical. Looks awesome and just what I was waiting for. I'll be picking one up for sure. Looking for a review, anyone have anything to say with this new model yet?

Good shooting

BT

They are great just like the previous SIII models, only better. Great glass, the new target knobs are big and knurly, they have directional arrows etched into them so in a hurry you don't have to think which way to turn your knob. The clicks are quite positive and the reticle is just perfect. 2 minutes between hash marks, the floating center dot is nice. They list it as being .25 moa at 24X but looking through it the dot looks the same size as the cross hair lines. Check them out at > SIIISS624X50LRMOA sightron sIII 6-24x50LRMOA
They are in stock, at the moment anyway :D

Would this new MOA reticle be hard to pick up in low light situations? I am trying to decide between this scope and a Vortex Viper PST. The PST has Illumination, but the Sightron may have better glass....I like the features of the PST better but the new MOA reticle looks good. Provided that they both track the same, I basically want the one that will have the best low light performance and allow me to make shots in low light. Any advice or opinions?

Just received my new scope. Tikka Lover was great to deal with. Fast shipping and great price. A+ in my book.

As for the scope, it looks great. I did not notice the difference in finish at the bell as much as the one posted earlier. First thing I did was turn the new turrets, first click WOW! that is what a good turret is supposed to feel like. Perfect. Of course the only other scope I had to compare to was a wotac. I did notice the side focus knob was pretty stiff to turn. Is this normal? does it take a bit of time to ware in? would be a challenge staying on target while adjusting. Again maybe I'm not use to quality scopes or it will get easier with time.

The retical looks amazing. Have not really looked in low light or anything like that and I'm probalby not really qualified to give an opinion but I am defentaly happy with my purchase at first glance.

I may be looking to sell off some of my other scopes just to pick up a couple more of these new SIIIs.

Good shooting

BT

all I am wondering about the reticle is this: would you be able to see something in low light...... aka a hog or coyote or whatever.....and not be able to make the shot because you could not see the reticle?

would this work well? I like the idea of zero stops. Any idea where to get the shims?

Direct from Vortex. Don't quote me on the Vortex shims fitting in the Sightron turret. I will have a PST in a couple days to find out though. If they do work, I will be stocking them and have them on hand to ship with scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.