New setup

PapaCoop

Just purchased a Savage ba10 stealth in 6.5. Debating between a vortex HS 6-24 X50 or the HS LR 4-16 x 44. Want to be able to get out past 600 yds. I figure I'm going to need at least a 20 MOA rail for the 6-24. Was thinking of using a Warne 20 MOA mount and leave the 0MOA rail as is. My only concern is the Warne may put the scope a bit high as it measures almost 1.4" from base to center. I think the 0MOA rail that came on the savage will work for the 4-16. Any thoughts?

The main reason I'm considering the 4-16 is because I see the 6-24 only has a 42 MOA and the 4-16 has 75
20moa should get you past 700. Try the 0moa and see how you make out with the 6-24 if that's the scope you want. You can always get a 5,10,15,or 20moa rail to suit what you want afterwards.

20moa should get you past 700. Try the 0moa and see how you make out with the 6-24 if that's the scope you want. You can always get a 5,10,15,or 20moa rail to suit what you want afterwards.
Good idea. still debating on which one to buy. Both are good options and found a good buy on both.
Thanks

I would get a 20 moa rail for the 4-16x. Using a 20 moa rail with the 6-24x might not work because it only has +/- 21 moa of elevation range.

If you are wanting to shoot some longer distances I would go with the scope which has more elevation adjustment and use a 20 moa rail.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.