New rifle and problem

If I go with a savage for a stw, I will just buy a pre fit and go that way. Have nothing but good to say about cbi's in the savages

Ya it sucks. I checked everything. Brass seating depth all that. It did it on factory remington ammo. I really wanted to run it but after all the wait and extra money. It really soured my to remington firearms, my first and last. I might check out a 7 rem mag savage tho

The 7mm was my first Remington as well. Honestly, it will probably be my last due to the sloppiness of the bolt and other machine work... Not to mention the trigger recall.

Of all the weatherby and winchesters I have, this remington has been the hardest rifle I own to make shoot well. And .323 center to center isn't as good as my last Winchester shot out of the box.

It is the easiest to shoot at an distance with, though. The extra weight and length give it the advantage. All of my other rifles are sporters.

The next rifle I build will have a badger action. I think they are way more solid and already come with a Sako extractor, I believe.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.