New Annealeez

JMW67

Well my new Annealeez, annealer showed up today, about 5 minutes to set up a couple quick adjustments on timing, and we were off to it. So far I am impressed with the job it is doing, dont think I could have done any better for the money

Love mine, but found it difficult to get the torch to stay fixed. I put rubber washers on each side of the bolt along with wing nut in the back to allow for tightening without moving the position of the mount. To stabilize vertically, I replaced the included J hook with a longer one and dipped the hooked part in liquid plastic. A few additional washers and a wing nut and things a locked where I want them. I did 200 250 Savage AI cases this week in less than 20 minutes.

I'm looking at getting one. Do I need the large case kit for SAUM sized cases? Looking at his vid, it look like the wheel for the large case might be too deep for a SAUM but not sure if the standard wheel can handle a magnum case, he says it is for 30-06 sized cases.

I'm looking at getting one. Do I need the large case kit for SAUM sized cases? Looking at his vid, it look like the wheel for the large case might be too deep for a SAUM but not sure if the standard wheel can handle a magnum case, he says it is for 30-06 sized cases.
Yes you will need the large size roller set for long cases like the .270 , 30 -06 , 300 Win magnum or any variant of a long belted case.
it only takes a few minutes to change out and retime the two wheels themselves.
All you will need is two (2) 7 /16" wrench's. It will be easier if one of them is a deep socket which will be used to tighten both rollers from the front. In back it will be easier if you have a 7/16" stubby wrench . This will be used to hold the head of the bolt from inside the Annealeeze 2 from the inside.

Have the latest version. Easy to set up and the only difficulty was adjusting the flame. I use old retired brass to get the heat and timing set correctly. Great to run a hundred pieces in just a few minutes and have consistent annealing. I'm sure others will have a better, pricier unit but this does the job just fine.

Have the latest version. Easy to set up and the only difficulty was adjusting the flame. I use old retired brass to get the heat and timing set correctly. Great to run a hundred pieces in just a few minutes and have consistent annealing. I'm sure others will have a better, pricier unit but this does the job just fine.
Like anything else their is a small learning curve required.
It only takes a few minutes of your time to correctly set the angle of the torches flame to strike the brass just where the cases neck meets the cases angled shoulder.
This is where you practice your hand to eye coordination skillset.
More importantly is the proper timing and dwell sequence. The only way that I know for sure and certain how to determine this is by using Templaq # 750 degree brush on liquid and following the accompanying directions.
The guess and by golly method IMHO is just plain short of not bothering to anneal at all. I have even tried thermal heat guns with mixed results so Templaq is the way to go.
To that end just bite the bullet and buy a bottle even though you'll use it on one sacrificial shell case , you will know that you have correctly reached the correct annealing temperature.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.