Never Ever Gets Old...

Big Sky

SPONSOR
Catching big brookies never gets old! For those of you concerned that my position with FoxPro will distract me from fishing, never fear, I have to have a balance between fishing and coyote hunting to stay happy. In fact we had planned to make a quick coyote stand Saturday morning but got blown out by the wind, so we went fishing instead. Hence, the reason I'm in camouflage.

It's strange how in the photo this fish almost looks a little dried out and nearly dead. I only picked him up long enough for a quick photo and tossed him right back in the water. He sped off like nothing had ever happened. Weird how he's all wrinkled looking in the photo even though he had only been out of the water maybe 30 seconds.
Troy%20Adams%20Brookie%2010-10-15A_zpsx1cyibpv.jpg

My partner is a die-hard fly fisherman. Here he is hooked into his first fish. We had a friendly competition to see who would catch more. I ended up with 6 and he caught 7. However, I will say in my defense I let him have the best area on the small pond as it was his first time up there.
Dave%20McClendon%2010-10-15A_zpsvpvazjtr.jpg

Here's Dave with his first catch of the day.
Dave%20McClendon%2010-10-15B_zpsj8rhsuz6.jpg

While my partner caught one more fish than I did he only caught one male and I caught 2. Here's my second male brookie. Interesting to me was the fact he was also my second fish of the day. I hooked one more male later, but lost him before I could land him. So between us we caught 3 males and 10 females. Weird how the ratio was so one sided.
Troy%20Adams%20Brookie%2010-10-15B_zpsuygs29kq.jpg

My pard with his only male. The thing had a huge head/mouth.
Dave%20McClendon%2010-10-15G_zps0bdrkzft.jpg

Last but not least, a parting shot of the final fish of the trip, and the tie breaker. My partner landed this chunky female to end our excursion. By this time the wind had really picked up and it was time to get off the mountain. I'm glad we did as the wind became insane in the afternoon snapping trees in two and busting branches all over the place. It was crazy, but thankfully my house didn't receive any damage. So all in all, it was a good day! Hope all enjoy the photos.
Dave%20McClendon%2010-10-15C_zpsw2botd2f.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.