Need some crossbow info

2guns

Ive been looking at a Tenpoint Skinny ss. Reviews are decent from stores but I'm not sure I trust those too much. Any advise on one. We can hunt in Ga with one without a permit but I have one due to an old back injury and torn Rotater cuff. Sure sucks getting old. I'd like my Matthews switchback in the woods but can't hold draw long enough. It belongs to my son now.

Ive been looking at a Tenpoint Skinny ss. Reviews are decent from stores but I'm not sure I trust those too much. Any advise on one. We can hunt in Ga with one without a permit but I have one due to an old back injury and torn Rotater cuff. Sure sucks getting old. I'd like my Matthews switchback in the woods but can't hold draw long enough. It belongs to my son now.
Look at Excalibur. No cables or wheels just Recurve limbs. I really like mine. It is accurate and fast but noisy. They have quieted them down a lot since I bought mine. If you are disabled or have a broken arm or some other ailments crossbows will allow you to still hunt.

You might like the Killer Instinct line of crossbows, they have been out about three years now, they are fast and compact and carry a full lifetime warranty. Oh they are very accurate too. Excalibur are very good bows also but they are wider than I like, always hitting and catching on trees and limbs and making noise. The Killer Instinct 350 is only 15.5" axle to axle before drawing it and only 6.5 LBS. The ten point crossbow is a good one too, but priced too high and no longer carry a full lifetime warranty the limbs are only covered 5 years. I think the killer instinct is very close in comparison. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Tenpoints are some of the Finest crossbows manufactured in my book, I've owned 5 and had no issues with any of them. Shoot spot on, not the fastest, but very reliable and consistent.
Regards, JW

i would suggest tacking into account what Buck Buster said. i have an excal 405. its like carrying an open umbrella in the woods. if i were buying again i'd go for a raven or narrower boy like the killer instinct as long as they would do the job.

Tenpoints are some of the Finest crossbows manufactured in my book, I've owned 5 and had no issues with any of them. Shoot spot on, not the fastest, but very reliable and consistent.
Regards, JW
Just wondering why you would buy 5 of them if they were that good. One good one should have been enough. I only bought one Killer Instinct, love it and still have it, I have shot at two deer with it. Their antlers are on my wall. Good luck with whatever you buy. Good luck hunting and be safe.

I set them up, shoot'em and sell them. Use them to kill deer, and let them go.. i'm like a product annalist in my own realm. People come to me looking for what shoots. 10 rings more or less. Never satisfied if there is a good quality product out there i' ve not tried.. Shooting stryker's now, own 2, i guess that's a sin also. and a Barnett Raptor, very good quality. tenpoints still rock...

Regards, Jerry Waddell

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.