Need help finding a place to turkey hunt in Florida

farmboykjb5.9

I'm hoping to go after a Osceola spring gobbler next spring but I'm having trouble finding a place to hunt, not sure if I want to pay a outfitter but since there's limited areas to hunt Osceolas it might be the best way to go. I would much rather pay a farmer or rancher to hunt their property than pay a outfitter and I'm fine hunting on my own. I would rather help out a farmer or rancher considering I've been dairy farming since I was old enough to walk. Any info will be appreciated, thanks.

If you are looking for an Osceola in the southern part I'm sure I can help out. Send me a pm with what you are looking to do and I'll help as best I can.

You can call Danny and Carla Santangelo at Okeechobee outfitters they will work hard to get you a bird. They lease properties down around Okeechobee Fl. I keep threatening to come down there in March to hunt spring gobblers and haven't got round to it. . I have hunted Axis deer and Hogs as well as Bass Fishing and night bow fishing. Experience has always been positive I have had several hunts with their son Chris the last while.

Call Danny and Carla I bet they can put you on a bird.

Book soon after the Eastern Sportsman's show in PA in February they will be running out of dates.

Florida Wild Boar Hunting, Turkey Hunt Florida, Alligator Hunt Okeechobee Outfitters

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

There are good places to hunt but you have to draw and usually require a preference point or two. Or that is what I have been told. Put in this year and got my first point so maybe next year. Never thought I would have to draw to hunt turkeys in my home state

Thanks

Buck

You can call Danny and Carla Santangelo at Okeechobee outfitters they will work hard to get you a bird. They lease properties down around Okeechobee Fl. I keep threatening to come down there in March to hunt spring gobblers and haven't got round to it. . I have hunted Axis deer and Hogs as well as Bass Fishing and night bow fishing. Experience has always been positive I have had several hunts with their son Chris the last while.

Call Danny and Carla I bet they can put you on a bird.

Book soon after the Eastern Sportsman's show in PA in February they will be running out of dates.

Florida Wild Boar Hunting, Turkey Hunt Florida, Alligator Hunt Okeechobee Outfitters

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

I second that. Great place

Rick

Well since you are here. I've been trying to find my father a place to go. It's the only turkey he doesn't have. When looking into outfitters he was shocked at the price. Plus he's a diy type of guy. Anyone able to set up some contacts? Him and his hunting partner are both retired guys who just love to hunt. Any help would be great. I'd also be able to swap turkey hunts for birds here in Michigan. I have about 60 everyday in my back yard. And we have a family farm loaded with them. They like to pick seeds out of the horse crap we spread.
Thanks for any help.

I am in northwest Florida and we have eastern. I hope to try my had at the Osceola this spring. I am almost like an out of state hunter. The public land does not look too promising. It is hard to know where to go without prior knowledge and a two day weekend may be tough. Maybe I will know more after this year

Thanks

Buck

Well since you are here. I've been trying to find my father a place to go. It's the only turkey he doesn't have. When looking into outfitters he was shocked at the price. Plus he's a diy type of guy. Anyone able to set up some contacts? Him and his hunting partner are both retired guys who just love to hunt. Any help would be great. I'd also be able to swap turkey hunts for birds here in Michigan. I have about 60 everyday in my back yard. And we have a family farm loaded with them. They like to pick seeds out of the horse crap we spread.
Thanks for any help.
I have a little place in Florida that I can hook you up on if you are still looking at swapping for a Michigan bird. It wouldn't be an even swap but way less than anything else you'll likely find

I'm hoping to go after a Osceola spring gobbler next spring but I'm having trouble finding a place to hunt, not sure if I want to pay a outfitter but since there's limited areas to hunt Osceolas it might be the best way to go. I would much rather pay a farmer or rancher to hunt their property than pay a outfitter and I'm fine hunting on my own. I would rather help out a farmer or rancher considering I've been dairy farming since I was old enough to walk. Any info will be appreciated, thanks.
I have a place full of them!! Give me a Shout.