My Henry Big Boy 44 magnum, is locked open.

Iron Worker

Out shooting today, my Henry Big Boy locked open upon ejection of the last round I fired. And a live round is stuck in the tubular magazine. I took out the tubular magazine thing and dumped the remaining rounds in the tube, but one was stuck in it. I bought it from Cabelas last August; I've fired maybe 150 rounds through it with no problems. I wonder if Cabelas would give me a refund?

Out shooting today, my Henry Big Boy locked open upon ejection of the last round I fired. And a live round is stuck in the tubular magazine. I took out the tubular magazine thing and dumped the remaining rounds in the tube, but one was stuck in it. I bought it from Cabelas last August; I've fired maybe 150 rounds through it with no problems. I wonder if Cabelas would give me a refund?
Unlikely. Can you post pics?

My daughter just jammed up my 44 mag when she got herky jerky on the lever unloading after a hunt...... a live round was stuck in no man's land under the loading lifter but out of the tube. Is this what you have going on?
It's a winchester, so I removed the tube spring and guided the shell back into the tube with a skinny pick.......it took a bit of work and patience to get out.

The trigger group screw underneath the action in front of the lever backed out under firing ( Gunsmith pointed this out), But to remove the live round in the tubular magazine, he needed to take it APART??? I think he's just trying to squeeze some extra cash out of me. I don't know why at the factory they couldn't have applied some lock tight on the screw?

Recent Posts