My First Yote kill of the year

Timnterra

i had to share this story because it was too fun. I've always wanted to go coyote hunting but my schedule has never allowed it. I just so hapless to be helping out a rancher friend put up a barn this week. He lives 60 miles off of paved roads out on the gravel. I usually end up shooting prairie dogs while out there but didn't get a chance this day. We spent the day working on the barn and as I was heading home I felt a little sad that we didn't kill anything while I was out there. Not but a few moments later I spotted something out of place out in the pasture. It looked like it could be a jackrabbit or possibly a coyote. I promptly stopped my truck and pulled up my binos to take a closer look. Turns out it was a coyote looking strait at me. He seemed to know somthing was up as soon as I stopped the truck. When I spotted him he was about 100yds from the cows/ new born calves and closing. Upon identifying the critter I grabbed the 223 Sendero riding shotgun next to me. However it was not loaded and I had none of the rounds it was sighted in with. I promptly dropped the mag out of my trusty ar15 truck gun and shucked the top round out of the mag and into the bolt gun. I pulled up the cross hairs on the Yote that was moving at a trot out at about 350yds. Not sure of the distance or speed of the Yote I held over his head and out infront of him about a foot. I could hear the 55gr fmj bullet impact fur almost as soon as I let off the trigger. I was shocked that I had hit the dog and even more shocked that the fmj had dropped it stone cold dead in its tracts. It made for an exciting end of a good day.

Here's a pic of the rifle before I got the scope mounted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 161
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.