Muzzle break/ side baffle

Good luck! Most barrels are threaded differently on where they start the cuts for the threads, so timing has to be done by washers. Or a crush washer, depending how much you torque it.

Or go with the APA breaks that self time and work extremely well

I have several of Nathan's MBs, but they are mostly self-indexing. MBM does an excellent job of reducing felt recoil and muzzle rise. I believe the MB below was the last non-indexing MB I purchased from him for my 7MM SAUM.

View attachment 605517
I had my GS thread the barrel and taper the MB.
View attachment 605518
I measured the diameter of the barrel and Nathan turned the brake down in a taper like yours before shipping it. The fit was perfect, although I needed a shim to time it.

I measured the diameter of the barrel and Nathan turned the brake down in a taper like yours before shipping it. The fit was perfect, although I needed a shim to time it.
I, too, measured my barrel's OD so that Nathan could adjust accordingly. However, I did not ask him to taper it because he no longer cerakote, so I had my GS do it to match my barrel, as shown in #12.

Last edited:
the side baffle breaks made a big difference in felt recoil. The 300 RUM shot great. The 300 PRC did good as well. Thanks again for all the replies.
IMG_5808.jpeg

I just got a new side baffle break with a crush washer it's from Christensen. It seems to take a lot to get it in-line with the bore. Is that pretty normal? Thanks for any input! I actually ordered 2 of them one is for my 300 PRC and the other is for a 300 rum. The 300 PRC barely took any resistance to put it on but the rum didn't line up as well so it took more force to get it in line with the bore!
Partly why they call them...Crush washers....you are far better off getting a Nut to go behind the brake...and throw the crush washers away