moisture protection in gun safe ?

JeffB1961

so i'm getting a used sentential gun safe and i'll be putting it in the basement . i'm concerned about moisture control since i'm in the beautiful mountains of southwest Virginia . it stays fairly cool there in the summer and the lines/exchanger/hot water plate for our wood boiler are near where it will be and knocks the bite of cold off under the house in the dead of winter . so no huge temperature swings since it' stays mostly between 45ish to 70ish there . i keep my guns in gun socks and cases . sooooo .... should i go electric ? discant beads ? or both ? if electric is there anything better than the golden rod ? it seems to be popular on youtube FWIW ....... . i have a laminate and a few wood stocked guns so FWIU i don't want to get too dry for fear of cracking them ????
what are y'alls thoughts and opinions ?

so i'm getting a used sentential gun safe and i'll be putting it in the basement . i'm concerned about moisture control since i'm in the beautiful mountains of southwest Virginia . it stays fairly cool there in the summer and the lines/exchanger/hot water plate for our wood boiler are near where it will be and knocks the bite of cold off under the house in the dead of winter . so no huge temperature swings since it' stays mostly between 45ish to 70ish there . i keep my guns in gun socks and cases . sooooo .... should i go electric ? discant beads ? or both ? if electric is there anything better than the golden rod ? it seems to be popular on youtube FWIW ....... . i have a laminate and a few wood stocked guns so FWIU i don't want to get too dry for fear of cracking them ????
what are y'alls thoughts and opinions ?
Electronic I use a golden rod, but I also have a desiccant dehumidifier which uses electricity to keep the beads dry.