Modifying a carbon fiber stock -- need advice....

I have a Stockys carbon fiber stock for my LA Savage. Nice light stock -- but due to Savage endless changes in bottom metal, bolt release etc, I am going to need to do some mods.

I am a pretty proficient woodworker. I have sharp chisels and a couple small gouges down to 1/4" I also have a nice selection of 1/8" dremel rotary rasp, stones, files etc. I am less proficient with my dremel tool (though the tool is a joy, an M12 cordless Milwaukee that I can really recommend).

Can I use the chisels to just start taking layer after layer off? Can you "crosscut" a carbon fiber stock? Like cutting endgrain in wood? Wood works with the grain easy (though the grain can sometimes "pull" your tool into the grain, creating a flaw. Does carbon fiber do this? Or is it fairly homogenous?

I have read about using a little paint or super glue, or gel coat to seal afterwards. Not so worried about that. I have a selection of wet/dry sand paper that I might use with a little water to clean up things, but realistically, the modifications are all going to be inside the receiver channel. So who really cares what it looks like, as long as its stable.

Thanks for the advice in advance.....
So I modified an AG Composites BDL hinged floor plate style to an M5 style about a year ago. I just traced the outline of the bottom metal and hit that with a dremmel. There is tons of dust. The M5 had to go in the stock a bit further so I had to sand/dremmel out the inside a little as well. This part was a little more difficult as it had pillars already formed inside the stock. Once again, the dremmel, files and sand paper was my friend. Once I was done I bedded the area to even everything out and get rid of any loose plat due me doing it by hand. It turned our pretty good, but took a long time. If you have a good gun smith near you I recommend just getting them for a major job like I did. I live in an area with very little gun smiths, so I do everything myself.