Missouri squirrel season

Always enjoy a good Missouri squirrel hunt, but I prefer to hunt late fall when leaves are off with a .22lr.

I plan on doing a lot of Squirrel Hunting here in Southeast Missouri....they can be harder to Hunt now with all the leaves on the Tree's,trick is to stay still and watch for movement and if there has been a light rain You can pick up the Squirrels movements much easier with the falling water off the leaves.Theres not many Tree's producing nuts right now so most of the Squirrels are on the ground looking for last year's buried nuts,mushrooms or in the Mullberry Tree's that are producing some if the first available fresh food also.

You MO hunters are sure fortunate, having such a fine population of squirrels.

Our squirrel population here in SE Iowa is at a record low, I think.

Mo is a fantastic state. I used to deer hunt every year there and always saw lots of small game. No only was the hunting fine, but MO folks are the best of the best.

I plan on getting started soon! I think squirrels are fun to hunt, and this foliage makes it even more of a challenge. I'm going to try my recurve on a few this year, as well as the handguns, rifles, and shotgun (one area I hunt only allows shotguns). Should be fun between squirrels and frog season is open now too!

Ours starts here in nys on Sept. 1st. I pulled out a couple guns last night to get them zeroed and ready. I hunt them with air guns though

This is an air force escape in .25 caliber. In this picture, it is set up for night time coyotes.I take the light and laser off for squirrel season. I am pretty comfortable with it out to 100 yds. though i don't shoot at game that far with it

Attachments

• escape.jpg
    escape.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 218
This was my opening morning and the day after here in Missouri back in May. Eight the first day and ten the second day, all out of the same old mulberry tree.

We in Nebraska can't really hunt them till early fall which is fine with me. Ya never get sick of eating them that way.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.