Miracles Do Happen

Muddyboots

So if you recall my .270 build from Hades trying to remove a barrel that had threadlocker which finally ended up at a GS. Still was sob to break but his tools better!

Well, picked up a used 700 06, put barrel into vise, tightened down, gave tap on Wheeler action wrench....and it spun right off. Now I know how Matt Damon felt....and nobody around to see it....
IMG_0710.gif

I figured with a title like "miracles do happen" in the gunsmith section it would be a rifle coming back from the Smith early....

Now deceased gunsmith that was local to my high school home town carved out a niche rebarreling brownings. The old guy that took me varmint hunting always said he wanted to know what kind of vudoo rain dance he did to unscrew a bolt barrels all day...

So if you recall my .270 build from Hades trying to remove a barrel that had threadlocker which finally ended up at a GS. Still was sob to break but his tools better!

Well, picked up a used 700 06, put barrel into vise, tightened down, gave tap on Wheeler action wrench....and it spun right off. Now I know how Matt Damon felt....and nobody around to see it....
View attachment 481324
We have to celebrate all of our wins these days.

I've felt like this twice this year.
GS was on time with my new 338 RPM chamber, thread and bed job.
I got the serpentine belt replaced on wifey's mower without getting caught swearing profusely.;)
Ah the swearing while fixing things problem.

I recall my dad getting in trouble with my mom when I was a little boy because she walked past my room and heard me saying all kinds of profanity that she didn’t think I knew about…until then. I wasn’t mad, I was just practicing my new words, particularly 💩 and “sambich” if you catch my drift 🤣 and many other things I won’t even reference loosely here haha

She asked me what on earth I was doing, why was I saying those things, where did I even learn that. The truth came out. I had been playing in the farm yard while my dad and uncle were frantically racing against the clock trying to fix something on the combine…it was the middle of harvest, and no time to spare! I overheard the heated “conversation” they were having with the machine.

Big smile on my face, I told my mother matter-of-factly

“I’m practicing to be a farmer!”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Come to think about this further….this just might be the closest thing to the Brotherhood of Man we’ll ever see. I’m willing to bet that across nations, continents, cultures, religious adherence or lack thereof, languages, time, education levels, economic station in life, and any other barrier that might exist…

Men swear at broken machines when they try to fix them 🤣