Meopta durability????

Fotis

What is the general consensus about them?

I have a buddy who mounted a Meopta Meopro optika 5 on his Ruger #1 338 Mag.. It is a 2x10x42 PA

For those that have used these scopes, how durable or recoil proof are they?

Back when the K-dot was THE thing to have in 3 gun they got the everloving snot beat out of them, held zero, tracked fine, and had better glass than anything you could get. I still have one and it is still fantastic.

My only complaint about this one seems to be getting behind it right to have the scope Light up completely is difficult. And I do wear glasses, but I like everything else about it.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Optika6 and love it. I think it is very well done for the price. I like the glass and it agrees with my eyes and what I prefer. Tracks perfectly so far. Heavy duty.
I like scopes in many price ranges, depending on what it is going on, and this is one that will be hard to move.

Attachments

• IMG_6523.jpeg
    IMG_6523.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 20
I had a 3-18x FFP Optika6, and while the internals seemed to be fine, everything else felt questionable. The turrets were loose and felt cheap, the magnification ring felt like it was too easy to move, and the overall body/finish were kind of fragile and subject to wear. I sold it and bought another Element Optics Titan which I think is twice the scope for less money.