• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale McWhorter 270 WBY

DHBWA

McWhorter in 270WBY. 26" 1-10TW heavily fluted. Borden action with Kampfeld knobby . McMillan Varmint with Edge. 13.5 LOP. Jewel trigger. 8lbs bare naked..
Shot very little. I scoped the bore when it arrived and looked new. I have shot it less than 50 rounds.

When I bought this I contacted McWhorter and was told that it was built for one of Alan Rovigs sons.

$2900 shipped w/o scope, rings or sling.

Pics here
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/19581982#Post19581982

More targets……

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2013.jpeg
    IMG_2013.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 75
well,manufacturers barrel.this way we know weight.targets to be kind are not close to up to custom rifle and barrel accuracy.factorys or handloads.more info needed,have a hard time believing this rifle was built for any relation to alan,let alone son.accuracy is way below alans standards.something real fishy here.buyer beware.

I can see English and grammar aren't your strong point so I will keep it simple for you….

I have not posted a ton lately as I have other interests but guys that know me know I have told exactly what I know and learned. I bought the rifle used, called McWhorter and they looked up the information and provided what I stated….
Regarding accuracy, I have seen lots of guys claiming "consistent 1/2" with factory ammo" but rarely real life proof. What I posted is what I shot with a hunting scope. Rifle is 8lbs bare. Period.

I'll admit I was somewhat lazy and didn't call McWhorter again to remind me of the barrel brand but anybody that has owned more than one or two custom rifles and really knows what is important knows also that barrel brand has a lot less to do with accuracy than who machined it.

If someone gets serious I can provide more information or they can call McWhorter just like I did when I bought it….

Sheesh….