Mausers & Model 70s Go to smith

stazmania

As the title says. Looking for a smith that specializes/likes/is good at/ tolerates, as long as the work is good/guns shoot, who is your go to?

I looked at the LRI web site. All the prices look good for the services preformed. Thanks for the info, very helpful.

I just bought a M70 classic stainless 338 win, soon to be a 7prc. Other than a rebarrel are you using any of the other services they offer? At the very least I want my action inspected to be sure it is true and the lugs are lapped. If not a full true/blueprint. Also a bolt firing system tune up.

I just bought a M70 classic stainless 338 win, soon to be a 7prc. Other than a rebarrel are you using any of the other services they offer? At the very least I want my action inspected to be sure it is true and the lugs are lapped. If not a full true/blueprint. Also a bolt firing system tune up.
I'm pretty sure LRI can do everything you are looking to have done. In addition to the re-barrel project, they are blueprinting my action as well.

I think the 7 PRC would be great on an M70 action.

I like your style and your sense of humor Harry knutz. Thanks for the info. And to all the others that responded thanks for the info i will check them out. I have one or two mod 70/mauser type projects in me, then most likely going modern actions for the easy button. I have enough classic control round feed toys to last me a life time. I was eyeballing the ARM I think it is called the mausingfield action? any one have any experience/familiar with it. I am not hijacking my own thread, but it seems to be a modern version with some classic dna. Thanks to all