Lunar Exclipse

Buffalobob

Well, if I work out too hard my muslces get sore and I become very irritable. I also get irritable when I know I am correct and people continue to do something stupid even when told what is correct.

So being as I am really irritable at the moment for all of the above reasons I checked the weather site to see if the moon was full and all of the loonies were out in full force.

That reminded me that there will be a lunar eclipse on February 20th. It is supposed to be pretty good. I tried my hand at night photography once with wierd results.

NASA - Lunar Eclipse Page

For those of you who might like to try with better knowledge and equipment than me, you can go out and stand in the snow and take pictures if it is not cloudy.

Well, I guess I better stick to engineering as I can't spell the astronomical terms
Eclipse, Exclipse or something is likely to happen

Last edited:
Had a good look in West Central Illinoise last night. Think the Owls enjoyed it too, lots of hooting go'in on.
db

Here are two pictures from the eclipse. In the first one it is just starting. In the second one it is nearly complete and there is a star to the lower left.

eclip1.jpg

eclipse2.jpg

Nice! We had clear skies, too. I would have missed it except for your thread, Jim.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.