LRI gunsmithing

osok-1k

Anyone use LRI to do barrel fitting and receiver truing? I'm beginning a new project and I thought of using them to do the barrel fitting. If you have experience with them I would appreciate all input, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks

I had a Rem 700 action trued and barrel fitted about 8 years ago. It all went well. They are an efficient shop. (this is Long Rifles Inc. in Sturgis, SD)

As an FYI, they recut the barrel tenon threads so that they're trued concentric with the bolt. The tread pattern will be different than the standard Rem 700 threads.

I have had them do clean-ups on two Rem 700 actions for Remage builds. I have also had them flute 3 bolts (two Tikka, and one Rem). Great service each time. I also know two guys who had full builds done by them and they turned out very well too. LRI is one of my go-to recommendations when someone is asking for action, bolt, or barrel work recommendations.

I had LRI build 2 Shermans for me on Terminus actions with Bartlein barrels. They came out great, on time, and are fabulous shooters. I couldn't be happier - and I've had a lot of customs built from many different smiths. I think that out of all of my builds,I got the best shooting results from LRI. Just call me a big fan.

I had LRI do a few rifles for me. Always top notch and the communication and photo updates along the way. They seem to be very accurate.
Screenshot_20231219_140251.jpg

Anyone use LRI to do barrel fitting and receiver truing? I'm beginning a new project and I thought of using them to do the barrel fitting. If you have experience with them I would appreciate all input, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks
Use them many times no bad experiences at all. Chad will even call you to discuss if there's a question or an issue.

As others, LRI is top shelf on barrel fitting and receiver trueing. I have a 308 built by them….flat out shoots. Top quality work.

Another vote of confidence for Chad and team. I've sent him three rifles (he's finishing one now) and I own or have owned several other LRI builds. They always shoot well and the service and updates are outstanding.