• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for some "BIG EYES"

JUDD

I looking for a set of big eyes. Would love to find a set already in mounts but would also consider just the scopes. Would like Nikon,Bausch and Lomb,or older Bushnells maybe some others possibly. 20X or 25X.
Let me know what you have and how much shipped to PA (17815)
Thanks For the help
Shane

Here's what they look like
DSCF1186.jpg

Sure make seeing hits at 1k a lot easier. This was in CO about 4 years ago.

If you can wait about 45 days or so, Jerry Phillips in PA (actually on his way to Wyo hunting for 30 days) has numerous sets.

that is his specialty, big eyes and high end optics.

However, his wife handles his email so give it a try. I am sure that she can reach him.

[email protected] or (215) 757-5037

BH

you don't happen to know what he wants for them also do they have the mounts?

Tripod doesn't come with it but the aluminum mount/bracket that holds them together does. don't know the price, but I do know that Darryl Cassel (spelling?) put the togther for him and they work great.

Big Eyes

if you happen to talk to him find out what he wants for them I may be interested.

thanks

Judd sent a PM with info you might be interested in concerning glasses.

Last edited:
Sorry, just got back. Judd, the BE's are probably already sold to a friend. i'll find out in 2 weeks.

Have you considered a large pair of bins (Big Bins).

15x80, 20x80, 25x100, or 30x100... they are much lighter, no special frame, tripod mount, easier to focus, waterproof, and easy to match the spacing of your eyes.

I had a set of big eyes, and let them go, cuz they were just too clumsy in the field... (they were a pain in the ***), and they were awkward to use.

I now use a pair of Steiner 15x80's, and Celestron 20x80's. Resolution is great - I can easily see the moons of Jupiter with both bins. This fall, I am adding a pair of 30x100s.

Except for the Steiners... good large bins from Asia run from $200~ish for the Celestrons, to $350-$400 for the big 25x100's and 30x100's , complete with a foam suitcase.

Last edited:
Big eyes

Did you contact the phone number? He has a some really big stuff also.