Looking for Long Range Shooting School

Add1cTed-2-D1sTaNcE

Hello, I am a newbie to this site, and was recently contacted by my Rifle maker, Hart Rifle barrels in NY, that my Custom 300 WIN Mag is finally ready after about a year to pick up. I would like to start getting this thing ready to shoot to the 1000 yd mark, and am looking for a shooting school. Willing to travel for the right price, but open to suggestions. I see that there is a school in Somerset PA, "Wolf", but do not know anyone whom has been there, so, this thread is open to all that has experience with a school that they would highly recommend from a past experience.
Preferably not someone whom owns or works at their own school.
Thanks for any info you provide in advance, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Not sure exactly where you are but Sig Sauer Academy in Epping NH has a series of precision rifle courses that are outstanding. They have a 1000 yard range.

It's probably too far for you, but Darrell Holland does a pretty good long range shooting scholl in Oregon.

I would also recommend that you do a lot of your long range training with a non-magnum caliber; 308 or 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmore would all be good, as well as others in that class. Once you have your basics down, then start using the magnum more. It's easy to start bad habits with a magnum, and you will burn out your barrel early.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts