Long Range Crossbow - PSE TAC 15 Video

Len, that looks wicked. I know very little about crossbows but I liked the idea of cranking it to load it up. Also being able to put it on an existing AR-15 got to be a bonus...like 3 lb pull before and 3 lb pull after. Let us know how you like it. Just curious on something like that what would you expect drop to be at 100 yards?

Holley crap! That is impressive.

I wonder when they will come out with a Gatling configuration.:D

I'm thinking a tactical cross bow after used in situations several times by the local swat team would be quite the deterrent.

SNIP.

Just curious on something like that what would you expect drop to be at 100 yards?

Drop would probably be about 120 inches @ 100 yards.

Most Xbow scopes are about 3 inches above the arrow centerline.

You can use a BC of about 0.09 in a ballistics program, but it may be +-
With that low of a BC you could use 0.06 and it really would not matter :)

edge.

Tanks Edge, 6' didn't think it would be that much but, thanks for answering...I didn't have a clue.

Actually about 10 feet :)

If you are a bottom of the heart shooter you can probably use a 40 yard zero for your first pin.

A 40 yard zero would have the arrow +3 1/2 @ 25
-5 1/2 @ 50
-13 1/2 @ 60 yds.

edge.

I saw one at a show (perhaps SHOT) and it is a fairly long and heavy unit. However, I really like how narrow it is. That would be very helpful in working your way through brush.

There are a couple other specialty crossbow manufacturers that make such a super high performance unit. But I already have an AR with a special trigger group so the ability to use this setup on an AR lower is appealing.

Have fun with it!

I had a xcalibur exocet and it was a nice bow. The limbs were wide on it and made it difficult to get around. This one looks narrow but it also looks long and heavy.

I think it weighs around 8.5 pounds without scope, about what a relatively lightweight rifle would weigh. Length I don't remember as well, maybe 48 inches?

great looking crossbow....

i absolutely HATE that marketing and advertisement tho!!!

i couldnt watch it and keep a straight face...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.