Llamas and predators

Curious if anyone has heard of it happening too. Im renting some for my elk hunt this year for the first time

I've heard of people mistaking them for game and shooting them (people are predators)---- make sure you keep them in hunter orange the whole time you have them (they make hunter orange packs/vests for them)

I've heard of people shooting horses too, so if you gave horses make sure they wear orange too-- people are stoopid

They make vests and packs for horses, dogs, goats, donkeys etc

Screenshot_20240825_073235_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20240825_073116_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20240825_073059_DuckDuckGo.jpg

And lastly-- please don't forget to wear your oranges --- it will keep you safe from stoopid people too 😜Screenshot_20240825_073731_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard of people mistaking them for game and shooting them (people are predators)---- make sure you keep them in hunter orange the whole time you have them (they make hunter orange packs/vests for them)

I've heard of people shooting horses too, so if you gave horses make sure they wear orange too-- people are stoopid

They make vests and packs for horses, dogs, goats, donkeys etc

View attachment 596992View attachment 596993View attachment 596994

And lastly-- please don't forget to wear your oranges --- it will keep you safe from stoopid people too 😜
True that, plenty of "sound" shooters out there

Always use orange on your animals and yourself during gun seasons. I made the mistake of looking through my riflescope at a person one time in Idaho. I was doe hunting sitting at the top of a drainage. Looking towards the bottom I saw movement from a tannish to gray figure. Looked the right color for a deer so I pulled up my gun instead of binos. Turned out to be another hunter hunched over crawling up a steep section. Not sure what type of colthing he had on but it was the exact color of a deer. Scared me

When I was much younger and a lot dummer (I know…..hard to believe) during the late '60's, prior to "orange" being mandatory, I was running through the undergrowth/timber trying to get ahead of dogs running a Whitetail Deer…. wearing a white tee shirt. I was not part of the group hunting, one of the "standers" flagged me down and told me that seeing a "white flash", thinking a Whitetail's flag…..almost shot me.

I learned a very valuable lesson that day! I didn't have any orange, but was a lot more cautious about my hunting attire from that day forward! memtb