Little Carnage on the Prairie

wyowinchester

Took the Grand kids out this week. They each one got a day improving their accuracy with the 22lr. The youngest was having trouble with the open sights, so I let him have a shot with my ackley. Carnage on the Prairie.
Put a scope on the 22 the second day, and a bipod for the third. Should have done that in the beginning. We'll do it again this spring.
Suppressors for the kids. Can't beet it.

Attachments

• p-dogsv.jpg
    p-dogsv.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 416
  • p-dogsM.jpg
    p-dogsM.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 392
  • p-dogs A.jpg
    p-dogs A.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 408
Very nice. Always enjoy the kids set ups.

Suppressors, I need to add them to my kids set ups.

I just cut down a Savage 93 17HMR to a 10.5" LOP. I cant recall model number, but it comes short barrel rail etc. Mounted a Burris FastFire 11, and 4year old friends grandson is breaking balloons at 75 yards.

Obvious they're having fun, good job!

We zeroed the 22 at 75yds. The oldest got to be very accurate with the bipod. Showed her how to stabilize the butt against her shoulder with the off hand, and she went thru the town.
You need a can when you play. They know what it is, but I told them it was an accuracy can. It works.

Nice.... I got my daughter shooting a Ruger 10/22 when she was 5. by the time she was 8 she could go through a box of 500 by herself. I always had a 3X9 40mm on it so it was easy to find a target.

She kind of put a limit at 243 or maybe my 257 Ackley. but it has been 26 years of shooting and fishing with her because she is now 31

I LOVE shooting with a muffler! I totally agree with harperc, when you cut recoil, blast, and noise, you will shoot better! All of my rifles I shoot suppressed have a lot better accuracy with it than before the muffler is attached. It doesn't matter how big the cartridge is, the muffler is the best way to shoot.
I was at the range one day when a car load of "young folks" pulled in. Guys and gals with short barreled ARs in 223. The girls were squeamish and jumpy shooting them. I offered my muffler and one guy put it on his AR. What a difference it made! Those girls, and the guys, were grinning and laughing...and shooting with a lot more enjoyment. Their muzzle brakes were not only loud but gave a blast of energy back at the shooter, and everyone standing around. Not so with a muffler! I sure hope the suppressor association gets their bill through the swamp so we can more quickly and less expensively get them!

Ditto...I first discovered suppressors in NZ years ago where they sell them in every hardware store. There's nothing but good using them...everybody should.

You know you have been using a supressor for too long when somebody to the side of you shoots without it and the first thing you think is "what's wrong with his gun? Oh, he doesn't have a supressor."

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.