leupold bx5 15x56 Binoculars ?

den

I am wondering if anyone has some experience with these ? the very few reviews I could find did seem to be positive , thanks

I am saving my money for a set of higher powered binos. For me it's between the Maven B4, Sig Zulu 9 and Leupold BX5 in 15x56. I suspect they are all made in the same Japanese factory since they have such similar specs and use the Abbe Koenig prisms. Optics Planet carries the Sigs and the Leupolds, you could order both and return one?

The Ron Spomer Outdoors review sure sounds good I have some earlier leupold 12x50 hds and they seem to be real good almost as clear as some minox 10x 42s that I have that are made in germany so I would think they would be very good but still there is not much for reviews

A buddy has some and I was able to compare them directly against the Vortex Kibob 15x56.
The eye cups are a little goofy feeling but they are definitely brighter and clear than the Vortex.
The biggest thing I didn't like about them was the focus was very touchy. It would take some getting use to. The slightest movement and you went to far.

Nice glasses. I'll be getting some Cabalas/ Meopta 15x56 binos and comparing them against the Leopold's and then making my decision on what I end up with.

Kris

thanks for the replies, I forgot that sig made those in 15x I was thinking the 11x was as high as they went maybe I was thinking of GPO and there 12.5x now that I have some 12x I know that I want more magnification if I were to buy today pretty sure they would be the meostars even though they are a little more $$$ ,

Thanks Wedgy, I have never bought anything off ebay & don't have an account so I called the business of same name but apparently it isn't them although they did have a very competitive price on same binocs new I could probably borrow a friends account but kind of dragging my feet on this since I am still torn between the Hp binocs or big spotter

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.