Late muzzleloader season in PA

LeePaHunter

I was just curious how everyone did that goes late muzzleloader hunting. Unfortunately I did not get to go more than one day do to slipping on some ice from an ice storm we had and broke my leg. It is february 8 and i am still laid up and unable to use my left leg. I have an awesome view out my window from my recliner and have been seeing quite a few deer the past two weeks. So let's here what you fellow hunters harvested with the old smoke poles. Thanx.

I was just curious how everyone did that goes late muzzleloader hunting. Unfortunately I did not get to go more than one day do to slipping on some ice from an ice storm we had and broke my leg. It is february 8 and i am still laid up and unable to use my left leg. I have an awesome view out my window from my recliner and have been seeing quite a few deer the past two weeks. So let's here what you fellow hunters harvested with the old smoke poles. Thanx.

Hey LeePaHunter, sorry to hear about your leg and being able not to hunt more than one day, that's just all together bad.
As to how I did this year, I hunted with my brother and a few friends and we all tagged out. One of the guys got a pretty nice 8 point the rest of us got does. Funny thing here, I wasn't going to go because I sold my T/C White Mtn. Carbine but a friend found a T/C Renegade 50 Cal. a week before the opening day at a local gun shop for $225.00 and it was in really nice shape so, what the heck, glad I bought it. After we all tagged out cleaned everything up we all went up to the Red School House ( it's a restaurant and bar) about 5 miles out of town, drank to much and told big lies about our hunt to each other and anybody that would listen HaHa.
Hope you're well soon.

Glad to here about you and your brother and friends success. My father tagged out and I left my brother in law used my .45 cal T/C renegade which he took a nice 9 point with it. At least I got a doe during doe rifle. My oldest tagged out during rifle and my wife got a nice 7 point during rifle so we got some meat in the freezer. LOL. Anyways Thanks for the concern. I should be walking here on the 24th for the first time since the accident. My fingers are crossed and am praying everything will be ok to walk. I have enough steel in my leg to put the front end back on a VW. LOL. Just hoping for the best because I did quite the number on myself when I slipped and fell. It's nice to know there are fellow hunters out there who care about other fellow hunters. Thanks again Waynzee.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.