Last minute build SA Mag options

806 guns

Hey guys I had a new LH Kelblys Atlas Lite fall in my lap. Should be here Friday. It's a SA Mag bolt face. I currently don't have a SA Mag rifle for hunting. And with my current RH LA 26" carbon six 6.5 PRC giving me fits. I may build this into another PRC and part out the LA.

Stuck on a 6.5 PRC using 156 bergers mainly. Will be a every day hunting rifle to a aoudad rifle. I do have a 300 wm for a rainy day. But have thought about a 25 PRC using 134 eldm as I have a 25 SAW for a second hunting option. 🤔

I'm currently stuck on medium palma or Remington varmknt contour.

List
22"-24" 6.5 PRC 1-8 or 7.5 steel
Kelblys Atlas Lite SA Mag
Manners EH1
Riton 3-18x50 FFP

I built a 6.5 PRC with Kelbly Atlas Tactical in SA using Wyatt's Extended and Hawkins M5 BDL, the inside of the magazine is at 3.0". It loads great, my next one built will be on a LA. What was the problem with the LA not working for you in the 6.5 PRC?

I built a 6.5 PRC with Kelbly Atlas Tactical in SA using Wyatt's Extended and Hawkins M5 BDL, the inside of the magazine is at 3.0". It loads great, my next one built will be on a LA. What was the problem with the LA not working for you in the 6.5 PRC?
Going to a smith Friday with it. Main reason im going to LH rifles and got a good deal on a SA Mag. Any reason why you want to go with a LA or is it just to seat the 156's longer ?

So I can seat longer and I am looking at building it as a switch barrel rifle for Magnum cartridges. It will be a BDL, I had thought of using the Hawkins Hunter DBM, but I have a different DBM on my 28 Nosler, I do not like the rattle with the box mag.

So I can seat longer and I am looking at building it as a switch barrel rifle for Magnum cartridges. It will be a BDL, I had thought of using the Hawkins Hunter DBM, but I have a different DBM on my 28 Nosler, I do not like the rattle with the box mag.
Does adjusting the mag release do anything to "snug" it up? I've never tried

I'm wanting to do the same but with a 6.5 and 25 prc. I can get a sa bolt for 500 and do the same

Does adjusting the mag release do anything to "snug" it up? I've never tried
I have never tried it to see if it would. I will have to look at it a little harder to see if that will work. It is not a bad rattle, I just don't like it, sitting in a box blind if I move the gun around and grab it you can hear it. It is just my own pet peve of not liking how it will wiggle.

Hoping with this Manners EH1 i can keep it down around 10lbs
1000010175.jpg

Recent Posts