Lad data for 300wsm RL17 and 150 gm E-Tips

Wondering if anyone has any load data for 300wsm using RL 17 and nosler 150 gr E-Tips? Thxs

I use 150gr E-Tip in a 30-06 it's one of my cow elk rifle and I've played around with the 168gr E-Tip in a 300WSM along with the 165grTSX,168grTSX and 165gr AB.

In the box of E-Tip I got the rec .050" to .100" of the lands for optimal accuracy and not to exceed mid load. Alliant site has loading data for the 300WSM using 150gr with R-17. Nolser manual #7 they have load for the 300WSM with 150gr E-Tip and they give special seating depth with E-Tip and none of the loads use R-17.

Alliant site does have loading data or the 300WSM using R-17 and 150gr bullet but it's not the E-Tip. I think you should call Alliant and get a start load from them be a good place to start.

RL17 and H4350 have very similar burn rates with RL17 being slightly slower. I always use the H4350 start load for a particular bullet for the RL17 starting load for that bullet. Calling Nosler wouldn't hurt, but they might not have data.

Also, different bullets of same cal and weight sometimes have different reactions to the same powder. I would try looking for H4350 data if you cant find RL17 data for the 150 E-Tip. Nosler's online date is showing load info for RL15 and RL19. RL17 should fall between.

300 Winchester Short Magnum - 150 Grain Load Data

Spoke with Nosler today. They have not tested with the RL 17 and have no data for that powder. I known alliant has info for the RL 17, but has a speer bullet only, which is a shorter bullet than the copper ones, in which the load density would be much different and thus higher pressures. I do have a call into Allaint as well. I will update if I find out anything. Thxs all.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts