Labrador retriever - looking for quality breeder

Troutslayer2

I am looking for a quality black lab from English, hunting lines, female puppy, under 60#, parents with good disposition and temperament. I thought I had settled on a breeder but turned out to be a total creep puppy mill, possibly a drug addict. Ideally I can find a breeder in the Pacific Northwest, and I am not in a big rush here I am just starting the hunt for my next companion. Please give me your suggestions and thanks.

Look at Daisymountainlabs.com we have a chocolate and yellow from there and they track the lineage of both parents of the dogs!

I am looking for a quality black lab from English, hunting lines, female puppy, under 60#, parents with good disposition and temperament. I thought I had settled on a breeder but turned out to be a total creep puppy mill, possibly a drug addict. Ideally I can find a breeder in the Pacific Northwest, and I am not in a big rush here I am just starting the hunt for my next companion. Please give me your suggestions and thanks.

Look at the web site for your local Labrador Receiver Club. That's always a good place to start a breeder search.

Every English lineage female lab that I have seen are much heavier than 60# and probably closer to 80#-90#.
I have a American female lab that is slightly over 60#.
As HSmithTX said Candlewood has great hunting dogs but I believe they have American labs. But with the weight you mentioned you may want to look at the American or possibly British lab.
If planning on mostly field work I would lean towards American or British as they are smaller breeds. All 3 love water but if doing lots of late season water work the English would be my choice.
Just my .02 and I am sure you will be happy with your new best friend when you find her.