• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale K&P 32” 375 RUM barrel for TL3 w/ brass and dies

Chase723

K&P 32" 1:8 twist 375 RUM barrel for TL3 short action. Muzzle threaded 3/4x20. 1.35" diameter shank for ~5.5" and then tapered to 1.1". Has flats machined into the barrel for easy changing with switch barrel setup. Chambered by Michael DeLoach of 9 Run Gun. Weighs 8lbs 7oz.

You read that right. This is a 375 RUM barrel that I had cut for my TL3 short action to shoot ELR. If you are looking for the most affordable way to get into ELR, no question this is it. This barrel shoots the 390gr A-tip at ~ 2820fps w/ N570 into -1/2 MOA. Before I did this I called Zermatt and Ray said go for it, the action can handle it…so I did. Supersonic to 2450 yards at a DA of 5000ft…I got greedy and wanted even more out of it, and had it throated a little longer but it didn't like it. SAMMI spec was fine, so I set the barrel back an inch (from 33" down to 32") and now it has a fresh chamber in it that I've never even shot. I suspect it will be just like it was before…which was awesome.

Hornady Dies with micrometer seater.

74 pieces of Norma Brass. Started life as 300 RUM and necked up for 375 RUM. (Just as an FYI if you're wondering, 375 RUM ADG brass pressured out early and gave me a weird bolt click and signs of incipient case head separations. Usually ADG brass is the opposite of that but this happened in 2 separate batches so I recommend using Norma brass. In this instance it's WAY better).

Want to sell as a package. $550/shipped. If someone wants to shoot the 390gr A tip, I have several hundred (not sure exactly how many) that I could work into the deal. Otherwise will sell separately after barrel etc sells.

Thanks,

Chase
IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1254.jpeg

Last edited:
It won't work on a TL3 long action as is because the tenon lengths are slightly different, but they are both 1-1/16x20. All you would need to do is have your smith chase the the tenon threads and cut them ~0.1" longer. TL3 short tenon length is 0.790. TL3 long tenon length is 0.890.

I used a short action because a) I only had short actions at the time b) it's the longest cartridge that you can load a round through the ejection port and then eject the brass without having to take the bolt out. So works like any other single feed. (Obviously, though, if you wanted to unload a unified/still loaded round then yes you still have to take the bolt out…but unless you had a Cheytac length action you'd still have to do that no matter what).
IMG_1256.jpeg

IMG_1255.jpeg

Sorry, with the A-tips loaded how I was shooting them the OAL is ~4.194" so probably not with them. But, if you use a different bullet (like a 250gr or 280gr) then yes you probably could feed from a mag and eject loaded rounds…that's how it was originally designed but on a "RUM" length action from Remington. That said, honestly in my testing (there's a whole thread on here about the 375 RUM for ELR) you probably could actually use RL16 or H4350 and even load the A-tips to mag length in a long action. You would give up ~150-200fps in velocity but man that would be rad…I've thought about doing just that thing but life has shut down my reloading game for the time being.

105.3gr. You can also get there w/ N565 but it's absolutely maxed out. 105.3gr N570 is the high end of the upper node, at least in this barrel but there is still a little room. Also, may be slightly different since it's a brand new chamber. Per usual though, YMMV. Be diligent and safe when working up a load if you're going to use that as a reference point in a different barrel. This was all uncharted territory when I got into it, and thus the load data in the 375 RUM for ELR thread is empirically derived.

Last edited: