• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Junk swapping

Jimm

As they say " one mans junk.......

Recently a member here posted asking for a camo stock and dollars were a consideration .
I had one laying around and offered to give it to him but added that if he had some junk laying around that it would be neat to swap . This way there need not be any dollars exchange hands for the shipping . I told him to "surprise me " when he asked what I might want . Well he did and it was good fun .

So , I thought that since this is the buy , sell , SWAP , portion of this site I would post some of the junk I have laying around that to someone else may be "treasure " that I would send to who asked for it , in return for some of theirs ( laying around junk that is ).

Perhaps others will post some of their junk available as well .

1. Browning /Sako .243 "pencil " contour bbl off a Safari grade rifle ,blue , nice

2. Remington stainless steel ( earliest runs ) anodized matte blue 300 win mag bbl medium sporter contour ( was shooting 1.00" groups at 100 when taken off of a rifle that was not bedded or anything else )

3. Remington LA walnut stock that is refinished in a satin oil finish ( this stock is 35 or so years old ) could be used to make a custom stock for some project by you DIY's

4. Little brown box with RB Sisk and other info printed on it with 20 ,30 or so 22 cal hand made Sisk bullets in it ( JBR1000 , you reading this )This box is decades old . Should they be worth a mint I expect to get cut in on the take .

5. Paper shotgun shells , all kinds

6. RCBS .243 die set
RCBS .300 die set
RCBS .357 die set
RCBS .41 mag die set
RCBS .44 mag die set
RCBS 22-250 die set

7. A flapping wing ( spinning actually ) mallard decoy with batteries , poles and all the goodies.

8. and the list is endless , who knows , I might have it , or someone else here

Just ask , Jim B

OK, Jimm, I'll buy in! My junk is as follows:
1. 264 Win Mag RCBS 2 die set
2. About 30 or so rounds of once fired 264 Win Mag brass (I'll even polish 'er up for you)
3. A factory Savage SA Lefty take off synthetic stock.
4. A factory Savage LH bolt handle
5. A factory Savage 22-250 barrel, small shank-iron (plastic) sights with 6 rounds through it. I also have one that has been punched out to 22-243 Midd. but I think I'll hang on to it.
6. A set of Warne 1" vertical split rings (high-matte)

I'll have to go thru my bullets but I have a boat load of stuff that I don't load for anymore. I also have about 3000 CCI 250 primers but would have to swap you FTF cause of the haz mat regs.

Any takers?

I too have a bunch of paper shotgun shells if anyone out there is collecting.

I have 25 years worth of reloading and shooting equiptment that I haven't used in a (long) while. I decided to get rid of some stuff just to make some more room.

A little at a time I have been putting the stuff on Ebay and away it goes. Once you get started, Ebay is pretty easy. The stuff sells cheap but at least its gine.

Just a thought.

OK think i did it correctly.interested in 243 sako bbl.what kind of "stuff" are you looking for?

Kim,

What kind of stuff? Well , what do you have laying around that is valuable ( like the .243 sako bbl ) but that you know you will not , or probably not do anything with . I'm sure their is something , if not then buy me 100 lapua .243 brass.

Ok with you ? If so the bbl is yours Kim .

Jim B.

Jim,what condition is bore&blue?will look over whats left from Katrina.have Glock mags,IHC GarandOP rod, fedGM223,416 barnes orig solids,colt rosewood python grips&GM grips in wrap.thanks.kim

Kim ,

George Gardner at GA Precision told me there was nothing wrong with the bor e when I had him take it off and put a Schneider bbl on it , the blue is good (90% ?) I really don't know how to judge that, looks good to me .

Don't need any of that stuff, can you get me a mess of oysters up here ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Ah well , the lapua brass still sounds good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim B.

Hmmm....let's see. On one hand, I already have a set of 243 dies and really don't need another. On the other hand, I don't even own a 264 anymore so I certainly don't need those, either. I do have two 243 rifles. I guess I could set up a sizer and seater combo specifically for each rifle! Now that don't sound like too bad of an idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif OK, you smooth talking devil, I'll do it! Email me: hunter at plateautel.net (make the obvious correction first) and we'll get the party started.
dc

jim,does bbl have sights,been so long that ive seen one?where is up there,how many,what size oysters-ill check on price+shipping.can get great FRESH!! shrimp16-20/lb,when they come in,$3/lbshipping may be a killer.BEST,kim