Jackalope?

If ya try to shoot one of our jackelopes, Cowboy Joe will come ridin out of the heart of our wonderful state of Wyoming and take you down with his double wielded six guns.

However, Jack rabbits are open game!!! My personal favorite is to go out on one of the landowners property spotlighting right after the snow melts off, but the jacks are still white. They stand no chance....ha ha.

I guided a 3 generation hunt here on the ranch a couple years ago that was a gift from Grandpa. He wanted to make sure Grandson had a memorable time, so I made sure to get him within shooting distance of a decent jackalope. There are a few that may be a little bigger, but the kid shot this one in at 436 yards in a 30mph crosswind with his 17hmr. Heckuva shot. Heckuva shot.

Tex

Attachments

• 20131024_140718.jpg
    20131024_140718.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 202
Man it's been a long winter!! I could have sworn I seen one here in Pa. up on the state game lands, I hear they are pretty rare in Pa.:D

You should see them during the rut! Banging horns just like pronghorns and fighting to the death!

I heard Wyoming is considering having a season on them and they will have official entry in big game record books.

Jokes aside, there are people that actually believe jackalopes really exist. That itself is funny!

You should see them during the rut! Banging horns just like pronghorns and fighting to the death!

I heard Wyoming is considering having a season on them and they will have official entry in big game record books.

Jokes aside, there are people that actually believe jackalopes really exist. That itself is funny!
Yep, up here N.E. PA. we get some of the NY city people that ask about the small (deers) or the (rabbits) with the horns. Huh, we try to explain it as best we can :rolleyes: :D:D:D:D

here in western nys.... we get more ny citiots than even you guys during hunting season..... makes me want to turn in my license!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.