• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want To Buy Info on a Ruger M77 replacement stock

Ricky C

Hey, I'm trying to help a friend find a replacement stock for his Ruger 77. A standard hunting type stock is what he's looking for. Any stock manufacturers you can point me to would be great
Thanks and Take Care

Tanger or MkII?

This is a tanger McMillan did for me. They used to offer this back before Beck took over. May be worth a call. Otherwise Bell and Carson may make one.

1729704146504.jpeg

Hogue also makes their overmold stock with pillars and a full bedding block. The forend leaves alot to be desired though, it is not very rigid. Depending on his use though, it is functional. I would take either of the other two though. As stated, a call to McMillan could also be worth while.

As a side note, ruger recommends tightening the front action screw to a ridiculous 95 (yes, 95) in-lbs. If it's one of the flat head screws that came with many of them, perhaps have him order a front action screw with a allen or torx head if you want a chance at getting there. Personally I just bedded my rugers and torqued them to 65 in-lbs and they have shot great.

Recent Posts