Ideas on a paint scheme for this carbon rifle

Or if you're a fan of stencils...carbon behind kryptek would look reptilian and you can leave more carbon showing if you do it yourself....
Or Kuiu green and desert with bigger black patterning....

Just finishing this one up tonight.

Attachments

• EFC7BD76-3A46-4126-8FE9-945673C96096.jpeg
    EFC7BD76-3A46-4126-8FE9-945673C96096.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
I used a sponge I found at bed bath and beyond that had an interesting pattern and I wanted to try it. I used burnt bronze and sniper gray for the pattern.

I used a sponge I found at bed bath and beyond that had an interesting pattern and I wanted to try it. I used burnt bronze and sniper gray for the pattern.
It didn't look like a typical sponge pattern. That's so cool. Looks great.
I've been playing around with trying to match the Christian Arms Mesa model that has the burnt bronze barrel. The stock is a green with gold-ish web and black web. It's pretty cool, too.

Brent,
Like the paint job. The sponges you speak of, are those the ones in the picture? If so, you didn't alter them and that's how they came?

Brent,
Like the paint job. The sponges you speak of, are those the ones in the picture? If so, you didn't alter them and that's how they came?
Yes, that is the sponge pieces. The main sponge is about the size of your hand. I cut into to 4 pieces to make it easier to dip in the paint. I looked on line and I think it is the harmon brand sponge. Like $4.00. On one side it looks like a normal sponge, the other side has a chevron pattern. I cut it like a t for 4 each parts basically.

I basically tried to wrap the sponge pattern around the stock as shown in this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_6581.jpg
    IMG_6581.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 73
Well, I'm probably making with the LAST idea you'd likely use but, I have a thing for unconventional paint schemes. I have one rifle set up to look like a giant hot dog, 2 others set up to look like various species of coral snake and that kind of thing. I'm currently rebuilding (or rather rebarreling) one of my match rifles and this time I'm making it into a Megaman (megaman is a video game) rifle. I'm taking a map of one of the game levels and applying that via a wrap to the barrel and chassis.

mega_man_x_intro-e1545668037430.png

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.