Hunters: Do You Vote?

epoletna

I was reading in a national newspaper today that hunters vote in small numbers. It reminds me one year I was hunting with a friend in Colorado, and I wanted to come out of the mountains early so my buddy, who had not voted early, could vote in this national election. I did not know whom he would vote for, but I felt he should not miss the election just because he was hunting. Besides, it was the last day of our hunt and we were not seeing any game. He agreed to come out early, but then did not vote.

Is this how you are? If so, please reconsider. I won't try to tell you for whom you should vote. But I will say if you don't vote, you can't complain about the results. And we all like to complain, don't we?

So I'm pleading with you as a hunter, PLEASE VOTE! Vote for the candidates who will support your access to hunting lands and to your firearms!

Please VOTE!

Even worse, I read just today that there are thousands of hunters in Pennsylvania who are not registered to vote. For Pete's sake, hunters -- you're an important constituency -- please make your voice heard!

Recent Posts