Holland Radial Muzzle Brake On XP-100 handgun

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Here are 3 clips of Darrell's brake on Ernie's 7mm Dakota (magnum cartridge) XP-100 handgun. This is a stout load for a handgun, even if it weighs about 11 (?) pounds.

Radial Muzzle Brake At HollandGuns.com

The first shot is with a normal grip on the gun by the shooter.

YouTube - Holland Radial Muzzle Brake #1

The second and third shots are is done with a light 2-finger hold by Ernie. Notice that there is no torque.

YouTube - Holland Radial Muzzle Brake #2

and the last clip.

YouTube - Holland Radial Muzzle Brake #3

I have one of these on my latest rifle, also in 7mm Dakota. I can't say enough about its effectiveness.

Great job, Darrell! gun)

Last edited:
By the way, no prairie dogs were killed (that I know of) during the filming of this video. :cool:

Last edited:
These video clips are Darrell's new Radial Brake (not the Quick Discharge). I do not believe the new brake is on his web page yet.
here is both brakes:

IMG_3213.jpg

Ernie, it appears that the flanges between the ports are thinner and the ports a bit wider on the radial design. is this an optical illusion? also do they come already tapped in certain thread sizes?

There is some similarities, but Darrell revealed his brake two SHOT Shows ago.
Darrell's brake is also radiused, not just angled.
Hopefully, Darrell will come on and explain better than me.

i talked with Darrel today about this design. the ports are not machined, but cast into it. the baffles are sherical or concave shaped, not flat sided. the ports are also slightly larger than the quick discharge and the baffles a little thinner. the holes on top are machined. no, you can't get one without the holes on top. he talked of 2 sizes, don't know if there are others. one is a few thousands under 1" and the bigger is around 1.20" in diameter. thread size for the 1" is 9/16, the 1.20 had threads of 3/4 and another that's larger, forget the larger thread size. overall length is a little longer than the QD. price was $125

I would say this brake and Kirby's pain killer do pretty much the same thing. direct the gases back towards the shooter a little instead of straight out the sides giving a bit more recoil reduction. i assume they will be available in chrome moly as well as stainless steel, forgot to ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.