Hodgdon RETUMBO powder

Just got a can of this new powder. Kernels are surprisingly short - should meter nicely. Not too different than Varget, slightly plumper but not much longer.
Can is labeled:
RETUMBO
MAGNUM RIFLE POWDER
For those interested, here is the data on the label. Label says these are maximums.

Cartridge Load Bullet Velocity
7mm Rem Mag 68.0 175 Nos Part 2800
7 STW 77.0 150 Barnes XFB 3036
7mm Ultra M 94.0 160 Nos Part 3212
.300 UltraM 100.5 180 SP SPBT 3300
.30-378 WM 113.0 180 SP SPBT 3460

Might be a little slow for my beloved .308 Winchester...
Anybody shooting this powder?
RIP Sir! Thank you for all your wonderful contributions here at LRH. I hope you are having a few celebrations with EddyBo, Jerry (JE Customs), and others who might have crossed before us. Thank you all. Cheers!

V/R
Ed

Retumbo is the powder in the 6.5 WSM. I use it for 120 B, tips 130 Accubonds and Berger VLDs and 140 Bergers. I have tried R-25, R-22, Ramshot Magnum, MagPro, Win 780, VV N-560 and N-570. Only N-570 with the 140 and even 160 gr bullets will outperform Retumbo. N-570 is so coarse it is hard to even weigh to the 100th of a grain.

I have used it in the the 300 Ultra and it is the top performer with 200 gr AB.

How did you get to be a Moderator if you shoot .308? You belong on another Board like Accurate or Sniper or Benchrest. Long Range Hunter is for Eargersplitten Loudenboomers.

What is Varget? It sounds like a disease to me. How does it help a long range hunter?
LRH IS FOR Eargersplitten Loudenboomers.👍🤣🤣🤣

Since I started the endorsement of Retumbo. Retumbo is still temperature stable and accurate, but Reloader 26 is a hundred and a quarter feet per second faster with comparable pressures and still room in the case. Since I hunt big game, deer and elk, during cold weather, usually one side of freezing or the other, I also do load development for this cartridge in the Winter. Reloader 26 seems to be close to similar temperature stability. Bryan Litz has said he believes R-26 is also comparatively stable.