Hmmm??

MuzzleBreak

Finally got to go to the range. Don't have much time to shoot but got her started on a zero. Gun shot well and the Hornady grouped well at 1.097 at 100.

Only problem was feeding the Hornady ELDX into the chamber. Seems the belt at the bottom of the brass hangs up with cartridge under it and pushes the front down so it won't feed.

Anyone else have this problem?
Sig Cross .300 win mag

IMG_3049.jpeg

Last edited:
Never had an issue with any of my belted magnums. I am a 300 Win Mag junkie.

Sounds like the way you're loading the rounds into the magazine. The belt.of the top round shouldn't be behind the belt of the following round. If that makes sense.
Makes sense. I staggered the cartridges and it cycles fine. I have never dealt with belted brass before. Figured I shouldn't have to do that but if I do I do.

HMR Johhny perhaps this will help:

When the cartridges are in the magazine the belts should sit directly on top of one another. When the top cartridge is pushed forward by the bolt it will drop off the belt that is below it and feed into the chamber. Some rifles require a very deliberate act to ensure the cartridge is pushed to the rear of the magazine.

Never had an issue with any of my belted magnums. I am a 300 Win Mag junkie.

Sounds like the way you're loading the rounds into the magazine. The belt.of the top round shouldn't be behind the belt of the following round. If that makes sense.
I never looked at animal that I had down and thought "a smaller gun would have been better". A sheep guide once told me to bring anything I want as long as it is 30 caliber or bigger and has a belt. :)