Headlines!

edge

A headline from the New York Times:

In Budget Crises, States Reluctantly Halt Road Projects

Many States are low on funds so are stopping road construction!
Can somebody tell me what these crooks have done with the money from the Gasoline taxes? Every week I use 20 some gallons of gas to go back and forth to work. I pay State and Federal taxes to maintain the roads. The crooked Politicians have diverted the money to the "General Fund" and spent it.

If I were a small business man and spent the Sales Tax that I collected I think that I would go to jail! Isn't it about time we started measuring these elected SOB's for some striped garments?

edge.

Now what do you think happened to the money? 2 years ago everything was going pretty good then something happened and nobody will admit what that was, the country voted in a house that is mostely Dem's. Now 2 years later everyone is wondering what the hell and blaming Bush, answer to your question is probably the Dem's are taking it and giving it to the welfare system to help pay for illegal's in our country

I'm REPUBLICAN because EVERYONE can't be on WELFARE

Nearly all states don't spend that tax revenue on roads. As you say, it tends to go into the general fund. I remember years ago, there was an initiative in Mass that was supposed to force the state to spend that tax money on road projects, since most of it was going into other projects.

Like P.J. O'Rouke wrote "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts