Hammer Hunter in 270?

Vortex!

I'm looking for a good bullet to load my 270. I don't plan a high volume of shooting. It's for a hunting rifle. Should I look at the hammer bullets? What are the available options and cost?

I just finished loading the 145 Sledge Hammers in my son in laws 270. His hunts not until mid November so no game with it. H4831SC dialed right in. Older Remington, and Leupold scope. Just went magazine length, and shot it.

It depends on how far you're looking to shoot. The challenge with most .270's has to do with the standard 1:10 twist.

You'll see that with monos that limits stability at ~120gr with boat tail designs and ~140gr spitzers.

https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/277/

@RockyMtnMT is the guy to talk to.

I like the look of the 133gr sledge hammers, haven't actually tried them though...

Hammer bullets simply kill things. The Z's and I have not shot a animal yet that hasn't fallen over dead with Hammers. Steve has a very good bullet. Performance is outstanding.

Give Steve a call. He will talk you right through load developement and if they don't shoot he will buy them back! How do you not try them?
He might be elk hunting now.

Steve and crew are out hunting through the 28th. I literally was asking him this same question last week- which Hammer for my 10 twist .270 Winchester to be used on deer out to 300 or so, and MAYBE as a backup to my .300winmag for elk at similar distance next year. After a couple of PMs with him, I placed an order for some 117gr Hammer Hunters.

The Z's have shot antelope and mule deer with Hammers. Every bullet has passed through the animal completely without excessive collateral damage.

143 hammer hunters in my 280ai at 3180 have been great thus far small entry decent exit. Havent recovered one yet on two antelope. One at 400 slightly quartering to me ented left arm pit exited behind opposite shoulder. 5 steps High shoulder shot at 250 exited opposite side bang flop. going to load 130s in my kids 7/08ai next