H4350 powder measure question?

Marplot

I am using an RCBS Powder measure. When using the H4350 it seems to get stuck, resistant is it having to cut through long grain powders. I am concerned that the amounts might change.

I am about out of H4350 and are thinking about trying the IMR 4350. Would it work smoother? Is there much difference between h4350 and imr4350?

Attachments

• IMG_3417.JPG
    IMG_3417.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 57
I am using an RCBS Powder measure. When using the H4350 it seems to get stuck, resistant is it having to cut through long grain powders. I am concerned that the amounts might change.

I am about out of H4350 and are thinking about trying the IMR 4350. Would it work smoother? Is there much difference between h4350 and imr4350?
I went this with this when trickling up. You can trickle a kernel. And it's fun to play with. lol
https://dandyproductsllc.com/products/dandy-2-speed-electric-powder-trickler

I have plenty of RL16.

Running low on H4350, thinking about getting an 8 pound jug of something.

I usually load 9.3x74R, 7x65R but mostly just 6.5CM and 300H&H. H4350 works in the last few.

Tried to find a powder that works on all four cartridges if possible. I have looked through Lyman Reloading and not finding. Please know that I am relativity new in reloading.

I have plenty of RL16.

Running low on H4350, thinking about getting an 8 pound jug of something.

I usually load 9.3x74R, 7x65R but mostly just 6.5CM and 300H&H. H4350 works in the last few.

Tried to find a powder that works on all four cartridges if possible. I have looked through Lyman Reloading and not finding. Please know that I am relativity new in reloading.
Ramshot Hunter should be close to 4350, Big Game ,may also be another to try according to Hornady. AA 2700 ,AA 4350, IMR 4350, Win 748, Win 760. These are for 6.5CM & 375 H&H. Not sure on others. I was using Hornady 11 edition.

Last edited:
When I get to a better cell phone coverage I will post pics of Hornady for you. I will try this evening on the way to work. My connection sucks at home. Or should I say what connection. lol

Try controlling your humidity and static of your reloading room.
Yes! 4350 from Hodgdon, IMR, and Accurate have different burn rates. As with anything else, YMMV.

Looks like the best idea is to buy several different powders. One for each caliber.
That's usually where you end up anyway. If you don't mind compromising on certain cartridges it's usually possible for a one powder shelf but it can be frustrating trying to make something work that isn't optimal.