Gun trust question: Anyone heard of Gun Trust Guru?

cdherman

Their website maintains that their NFA trust is better in several ways. Its $80. Would not tie me down to a specific dealer.

Especially interesting to me is this:

"

Appoint Co-Trustees Anytime Without Amending Your Gun Trust

Our gun trust is designed so that you are the only person who needs to sign the gun trust in front of a notary to establish your gun trust, which means that you can buy your NFA firearm from your Class 3 dealer immediately. After your gun trust is created, you can use another form that we provide to you to appoint additional co-trustees anytime (so that they can use and possess your NFA firearms) without needing to amend your gun trust or paying an attorney to amend your gun trust. Further, you can appoint additional co-trustees either as long-term trustees or as short-term trustees (such as while you and a friend are on a hunting trip).
Their form requires you and all of your other co-trustees to sign the form in front of a notary before your trust is created. After your trust is created, you must amend your trust each time that you want to appoint an additional co-trustee."

Just curious. I am getting started. My hunting buddy has three suppressors that he got from a local dealer who also helped him set up his trust, but apparently his trust is set up so it costs money to add me to the trust... Or maybe he just does not "trust" me, pardon the pun! Anyhow, I don't want to make the same mistake. He's not very legal savvy in this regard.

Yeah man. Jim Willi and his crew are good to go! He just re-did mine from silencer shop from years ago. I paid for the 300$ option to have the ability to add additional items and their service anytime I need it. If you are in Texas I especially encourage you to give them a call and they will get you taken care of. I would have no issue using their trust for any other state as well.

Good to know. At least one vote that they are legit. A more flexible trust seems to be a good idea. There are certainly times that I can see wanting loan a suppressed gun to someone and a complicated process to add or remove people would be a problem.

Good to know. At least one vote that they are legit. A more flexible trust seems to be a good idea. There are certainly times that I can see wanting loan a suppressed gun to someone and a complicated process to add or remove people would be a problem.
Head over to the texas bowhunter forum and look at the responses there about him and co.

He is actually listed on Silencer Shops website as a recommended attorney for a trust, I just remembered that. Ill see if I can find it and send you the link if you want.

Well, getting ready to pull the trigger so to speak on a suppressor and they were running a sale for $80, so I did my trust through them.

I'll post back in 12 months or so how its been!!!!

I will say, it does seem that many trust users are not able to change the trust without a lawyer, which is really an issue. And this one seems to allow that, though I am not all the way just yet.

Their website maintains that their NFA trust is better in several ways. Its $80. Would not tie me down to a specific dealer.

Especially interesting to me is this:

"

Appoint Co-Trustees Anytime Without Amending Your Gun Trust

Our gun trust is designed so that you are the only person who needs to sign the gun trust in front of a notary to establish your gun trust, which means that you can buy your NFA firearm from your Class 3 dealer immediately. After your gun trust is created, you can use another form that we provide to you to appoint additional co-trustees anytime (so that they can use and possess your NFA firearms) without needing to amend your gun trust or paying an attorney to amend your gun trust. Further, you can appoint additional co-trustees either as long-term trustees or as short-term trustees (such as while you and a friend are on a hunting trip).
Their form requires you and all of your other co-trustees to sign the form in front of a notary before your trust is created. After your trust is created, you must amend your trust each time that you want to appoint an additional co-trustee."

Just curious. I am getting started. My hunting buddy has three suppressors that he got from a local dealer who also helped him set up his trust, but apparently his trust is set up so it costs money to add me to the trust... Or maybe he just does not "trust" me, pardon the pun! Anyhow, I don't want to make the same mistake. He's not very legal savvy in this regard.
A Family Trust is great. However, there might be challenges when not all trustees live in the same town. My first suppressor was with Family Trust because we are all in the same city. However, with my last suppressor, I went with the individual route because it requires fingerprinting for all the trustees and my sons were in NM and CA. Since I did everything via Silencer Shop/Kiosk, the individual works better for my situation.

Apparently, the trick is to remove all the Trustees when buying a suppressor, then add them back after you have it. Or in the case of a new trust, no other trustees added until the suppressor is in hand.

Mind you, I have not started the process yet, only read a lot.

Painful it seems, but having shot a friends suppressed 338 RUM, I am kind of hooked....

To my knowledge, Guntrust guru has a canned trust that was written by Jim Willi...I have a Willi Gun Trust direct from his lawfirm. I feel it's a bit more inclusive as well as now having direct access to Jim and his staff which I don't think is included in the Guntrust Guru version. I'd recommend going direct through Willi law firm.