• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

GIGORI779

I was working on buying the M4 Benelli that Gigori779 posted for sale. I purchased Postal Money Orders after making deal texting and by e-mails I ask him to contact me and talk on phone. Paul Anderson assured me that he was God fearing, honest ex military, family loving Som-B that would not cheat anyone! I mailed the money orders certified with postoffice. After talking with a couple members from here I had mail intercepted by post master. I proceeded with a some more research and during that time a member here was trying to buy a nightforce scope from Gigori. He still has not received scope after sending payment and tracking stating he received certified mail. Saturday I receive a phone call from a person saying that he is Paul Anderson and wants to know what these money orders buying shotgun he received are for as he is not selling any guns. This is not the same guy I made deal with, he also tells me that he received and deposited money for something called NXS. He then said my money orders are safe and also the other fella's money was safe in his account and he would be contacting the post office. Hopefully the second Paul Anderson is good for his word and this gets resolved. Now we wait for post office to open Tuesday!

I had contacted him about a scope for sale and decided to pass on it . I hope you get the issue resolved.

I started to warn people that he was fishy, at best. When a new guy goes from 1 post to 51 posts in 7 days, becomes a well known member and then posts 4 expensive items for sale.........Well, something is crooked. Wish I had put up a warning, but no one put me in charge of scammers. All his posts were somewhat suspicious, especially the one about monster mule deer in Arkansas. Guys, they scammers are getting smarter.

I'm the one who sent money orders to someone in Kansas for the nxs. I fell for it hook line and sinker. I even offered to pay above asking price to help the guy who was having a hard time and dealing with cancer in the family. It sounds so silly now looking back. I have only dealt with honest people in the past so why would any other transaction be different. I am still in contact with someone who assures me the scope has shipped... I am not going to let this go. If anyone near Kansas wants to help, I'd really appreciate it. Or if anyone has any ideas pm I'm up to try anything.

Sure hope this works out for you. I was looking to buy the NXS, but I read his posts and backed off. It's a dirty rotten shame that a few are taking advantage of this site and many others, like it.

I WAS ABOUT TO BUY THIS NXS 8-32 but after asking questions via PM's-he had no idea what he was selling--I dropped him like a hot pan.

The real Paul Anderson "I guess" turned Money Orders back to Post Master and all is now right. He says he had nothing to do with Gigori779, scopes or shotguns?

Great news! You were lucky! He might have gotten cold feet, being called out, like he was. I wonder if Bellboy got the nxs he bought from Gigori779 or got his money returned? Thanks for the update.

This sounds like there's a group of scammers. I had a close call with one in Iowa for the same kind of approach. This guy had a NF scope with a cheap price, when I contacted him, he then offered another one for a very good price. I was leery, but got a bank check and mailed it. Fortunately, after two tries to deliver it, it was returned by the P.O. Oh he then wanted a Western Union payment; which I declined. Too many gaps in his story. He was going to visit his folks in Texas. His writing had a "Spanish" ring to it too. This guys handle was Blumboss33 and had a name of Clyde Nelson. All I can say is watch out and verify, verify!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.