Giant Canada Goose?

Pa Grizz

I shot this goose the other day. 65 inch wind span and 12 pounds.I have heard of the giants,but never seen one.My dog had trouble bringing back.Has anyone ever taken one

Attachments

• KIMG0031.JPG
    KIMG0031.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 338
Yes there can be very large Canada geese. Shooting a very large one and a smaller out of the same flock will show a dramatic difference in size.

That is what the majority of the ones here are. I much prefer the big ones to the small ones for table fare. I can make the big ones taste like beef.
The smaller ones to me tend to have a stronger flavor much like duck.
I may be lucky, I will pass up on the small ones and hold out on big ones.
Prepped up well they are great. I pluck the breast some times, then skin back the legs and bone them. Once I get a lot of leg and thigh meat I will grind that up.
Jeff

Most likely a Giant goose or possibly a Greater gander. Giant Ganders 14-15lbs. Pict looks like a goose, but you can't be sure without sexing it. Great Eating no matter what it is.

My buddy and I shot one each over 62 inches last week.I called a flock of about 20 in and you could see the differance between those two and the rest of the flock.My buddy was banded

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts