Getting started on a .30-06 build

Looking to update my .30-06 a bit and try to make a little more use of the overall performance potential. Currently have a 26" McGowen, 1:10 twist in magnum contour on order. It's a factory Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP, so currently sporting pretty basic stuff (short, sporter barrel, tupperware stock, etc.). Will spend a fair amount of its time as more of paper puncher/steel blaster, but I am also open to taking it out west for some hunting, so weight can be a factor. Thinking about different stock options and I'm considering the Stockade coyote stalker and perhaps the MDT LSS-XL chassis, but I'm open to different suggestions. Anyone have experience with either of the listed options? Looking for maybe a $700 cap but I can be a bit flexible if needed. Hoping it'll be an overall pretty fun rig.

Sorry for the resurrection of this thread. I've kinda narrowed it down to either the XLR Evolution or XLR Carbon chassis. Is the Carbon worth the extra expense vs. the Evolution or might there be an advantage to spending the same amount but having some accessories?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.