Gaia

Coyote101

Gaia is my go to. For me I have enough space on my IPad that I can download a whole state. With everything thing that I want on it, any thing from game units to burn units. I used garmin to Onx but this just fits me so much better. My iPad has a holder in my Jeep and it runs off Bluetooth. So if I'm in no where Nevada it still works. It also works with CarPlay. Keep using what you like but I can get a yearly subscription for about 40.00 bucks. That's for all 50 states but I just hunt the west.

I've tried to use GAIA the last two hunting seasons, but find the interface is so cumbersome and not user friendly... Maybe it's me. I don't do Apple anything and it also shows in Android Auto, but again, it seems very cumbersome, slow and limited capabilities. I may have to come back around this off season and see if I can figure it out. Right now I'm just using BaseMap which isn't much better. If/when OnX comes online with Android Auto I will drink the koolaid, but not until then.

I'm hate that for you and that maybe something to do with your system. I'm apple eveything cuz as you and I know there company is just getting by. LoL

I've used Gaia for several years and like it. It has all of the functionality you can get anywhere, including OnX, and is less expensive. However, it does have a steeper learning curve to dial in the exact layers that you need. OnX and others have the user-friendly advantage for hunters as they're entirely targeted at hunters. Gaia targets general outdoors and also serves hunters, but we're not their focus. I sense Gaia has also lost a step from a customer service standpoint since the company was sold to Outside. Less responsive. That said, they're still my primary. If you're willing to put in a little time to explore the relevant hunting layers, they're a top-notch option.