Follow-Up on Thursday’s Wyoming Bear Attack

I like my 686+ .357 Mag 7 shot. 4" barrel but still shoots nice. I bought 500 Nosler 180gr Partions from Widners on close out years ago. I wonder if they would be as good as the 187gr hard cast I have as well. I could take 6 shots and keep one in reserve. For me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Another flaw with Glocks (striker fires in general) is the are easy to take out of battery if pressing the barrel against an object just enough to push the slide rearward slightly. Renders the pistol useless. Someone like the one this thread got started from that put the pistol against the bears head could easily make that happen. Wouldn't happen using a revolver. Not sure I've ever heard any Glock owner claim that Glocks NEVER jam or fail. Shoot enough and it will happen. The one thing that a semi auto pistol owner should do is find the ammunition that best performs in their gun of choice. All of it performs well in a revolver (functionally speaking). Some shoot more accurately but it all fires. My Glocks have preferred loads that do not jam. Yes, I said it, DO NOT jam. I have shot some heavy 10mm loads that DO jam. I only use what works in my guns. Most don't go thru that selection and time to find which is the very best in a particular gun. It's a must if you use a semi auto for defense from any biped, let alone quadruped. Double action pistols have about double the trigger pull weight than a semi auto pistol does. That's a thing to consider as well in a Bear defense scenario. Especially one handed defense.

😂 be tough to holster but holy cow close range!!!
Bayonet Picatinny rail and just jab in and pull trigger! 😱
IMG_6048.jpeg