Follow-Up on Thursday’s Wyoming Bear Attack

It also makes me wonder just how many times that specific gun was fired by that guy using the same made ammo. My thoughts are to ensure (increased confidence) he was comfortable that he could defend himself properly if the need arose. Practice, practice, practice.

Of all the guns I have, if I have any thread of doubt that ANY one of them causes me to wonder, that gun is history. Id choose another gun. To me, it's 100% all the time or bust. It has to be when game in the area would rather eat you than mess with you!

It also makes me bring up the old conversation about semi auto vs revolver. Personally, I'd go with either a 357 or 44 mag. Never had a wheel gun jam up on me. Misfire (dud), yes. Jam, no. Just sayin'.
Right on. Failure to fire from a round happens in revolvers but no such thing as a jam with Saami spec ammo. 357 and even a 10mm(moon clips) ported revolver with a brake would be a great option for some. I think the mentality that bigger is better has a place but not where sacrificing speed and accuracy is the most important thing. A well placed 357 or 10mm round in a bears central nervous system would turn off the power. You'd have many more on target with either of those two rounds than a big bore revolver for sure. Confidence means a lot also.

Right on. Failure to fire from a round happens in revolvers but no such thing as a jam with Saami spec ammo. 357 and even a 10mm(moon clips) ported revolver with a brake would be a great option for some. I think the mentality that bigger is better has a place but not where sacrificing speed and accuracy is the most important thing. A well placed 357 or 10mm round in a bears central nervous system would turn off the power. You'd have many more on target with either of those two rounds than a big bore revolver for sure. Confidence means a lot also.
Usually I'd go with a s&w mod 69 (either one) or a s&w model 640. But thats on me. Beware. No limp wristing allowed. Practice, practice, practice.

The animals I would not hunt when I bow hunted- Lions, Tigers and Bears or ay big cat. You can become the Hunted instead of being the Hunter these should be hunted with a rifle and still have a back-up pistol or revolver of adequate knock down power with you at all times.

Recent Posts