Five point idaho whitetail

Elfego Baca

On the second time out I managed to tag a five point whitetail buck after my second stand glassing for deer.
I used my Stag Arms 6.8SPC Hunter and a Barnes TSX 110 grain bullet.
Dressed weight was 134 pounds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 89
Looks great great. Back here we call that a 9-pointer, from what I can see. We must just like higher numbers, they sound better.

Good job Elfego. I am seriously considering heading up to Northern Idaho next year. Am tired of getting skunked on mule deer here in SW Idaho.

Finally got my Idaho 5 point whitetail buck hung on the wall!

My most successful whitetail hunts have been in Clearwater and Latah counties in the 80s and 90s!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 84
Finally got my Idaho 5 point whitetail buck hung on the wall!

My most successful whitetail hunts have been in Clearwater and Latah counties in the 80s and 90s!

I killed some toads in Clearwater and Latah Counties in the 80s and 90s too. Magical time for whitetails there. I hear that it's not the same quality now.

I moved away from there in '99 and haven't been back to hunt deer there since. Still get back occasionally to chase cutthroats up in the North Fork, Kelly Creek, and St Joe.

I miss all of it.
Oh yeah, congratulations, love those dark horns!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.