First crossbow kill

huntinherrrington

11/19/17
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I put my climing stand out after daylight this morning and scouted. I didn't even bring a gun/bow. Decided to head out about 1:30 to make an evening hunt. Iwalked just over 1 mile and climbed my tree. I cocked my crossbow and sat down. It was 2:37. 3 hogs came through about 20 yards. I shot one and looked at my watch. It was 2:51. Not bad for my first ever hunt with a crossbow! Now that i got that out of my system i can try to let the hogs pass and hopefully get a whitetail deer!

Last edited:
congratulations, it looks like it may have been a wet sow. good on ya. I have only shot two hogs in my life. they were both tasty. but i used a .444 Marlin.
I bet arrow is funner, more shots before they scatter maybe

Got another hog this morning. Still climbing the same tree! This is all in public land. For some reason its saying error when i try to upload more pics. I'll get it figured out and post them later. Going to make a morning hunt tomorrow and then going home for Thanksgiving! Hopefully i will get another deer. Seen 2 this morning but they spooked.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.